When Juan Jose Cobo (nicknamed 'The Bison') climbed to the top spot on the podium as the champion of the season's final grand tour, the 2011 Vuelta a España, it was not only a life-changing moment for the Spanish rider, but a defining moment for his bike sponsor. Fuji has been working with the team for the past three years, developing their top-of-the-line road bike based on input from the team's staff, mechanics, and most importantly, the riders.
This Fuji Altamira Special Edition is the same 'pro-level' frameset that was designed to win Grand Tours, which means that it is seriously comfortable for long miles, but light and responsive enough to climb like a banshee when you put the power to the pedals. The first thing you'll notice is how smooth the ride is, with narrow seat stays and a slightly taller top tube to relieve shoulder pressure and soak up bumps. When it's time to turn the screws, the expertly engineered monocoque D-6 carbon frame responds with beefy tubes that accelerate in a flash. Bottom line: whether climbing, descending, cornering, or hammering, this bike is a perfect marriage of lightness, stiffness and handling. Choose either Team Geox or matte black.
- Frame: High modulous D-6 carbon w/ tapered head tube, oversized 34.9mm round seat tube, and oversized PIIS BB-86 shell
- Fork: FC-330 carbon monocoque w/ tapered carbon steerer & carbon dropout
- Headset: Oval Concepts 1 1/8" - 1 1/2" integrated w/ alloy top cover
- Frame Weight: 3.1 lbs (53cm)
- Sizes: SM, S/M, MD, M/L, LG, or XL