Mountain biking is a demanding sport - compromises and shortcuts when it comes to gear are never a good idea. The 4Forty Air MIPS is equipped with pro-level features yet designed with the privateer in mind. With a sleek new shell design and 3-position visor, the benefits aren't just visibly rad but functionally significant for increased air ventilation, effective sweat management, and better goggle compatibility. Bell's Float Fit system, built-in Sweat Guide, and anti-microbial Ionic+ padding ensures all-day comfort, while integrated MIPS and extended hard-shell coverage helps you stay committed in all
shred conditions. Upgrades like eyewear ports, a FidlockÂ¬Ã† magnetic buckle, and premium straps make the 4Forty Air MIPS your go-to for daily trail riding life.
- MPACT MANAGEMENT: MIPSÂ¬Ã†-EQUIPPED - MIPS stands for multi-directional imapct protection system, which is a leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts.
- Construction: Fusion in-mold polycarbonate shell - a process pioneered by Bell bonds the helmet's outer shell to the EPS foam liner to create a sturdier helmet.
- Visor: Goggleguide adjustable visor - accomodates both goggles and glasses.
- Fit system: Float Fit - a minimalist, lightweigt fit system with an easy-to-turn rubber overmolded dial for adjustments (integrated with MIPS).
Other tech features: 14 vents, Overbrow Ventilation, 3-Position Adjustable Visor, Goggle Gripper, Eyewear Ports, FidlockÂ¬Ã† Magnetic Buckle, No-Twist Tri-Glides, Sweat Guide, Ionic+, Comfort Padding.
- Sizes: S 52-56 cm, M 55-59 cm, L 58-62 cm, XL 61-65 cm (select colors).
- Weight: 360g (size M).
- Certification: Complies with the US CSPC safety standard for bicycle helmets for persons age 5 and older.