The Castelli Alpha RoS jacket is exactly what you think the perfect winter jacket should be. Castelli started with a list of things they didn't like about the current jackets and set out to solve them-and in the process make their best jacket ever. The first issue to resolve related to moisture management. Even the best of the currently available fabrics provide a good level of breathability but can't keep up with the sweat generated during high-intensity riding. So Castelli invented a double-layer construction that allows you to open an outer wind-protection layer while keeping the insulation layer closed and thereby allowing airflow inside the jacket to evacuate moisture while avoiding direct contact with the skin. On a long climb, the outer layer completely opens to allow moisture to escape, and when on the descent you can close the outer layer and stay completely dry inside. New for this year is a softer, warmer 3D insulation-layer fabric that provides better warmth, moisture management and fit. Next Castelli focused on the openings: neck, waist and, most of all, wrists. The neck comes up high and is shaped to move with you, whether you're standing or in an aero position being a January hero and attacking your fellow cyclists. For the waist they've created a stretch layer with a silicone bead that lies flat and completely seals out wind without bunching or riding up. New for this year is a brand-new double-layer wrist opening with an inner layer to go under your glove that seals tight to your wrist, and an outer layer that goes over your glove so that any rain will roll down the outside of the glove and not end up inside. Of course, the ultimate jacket should also hold up well in wet conditions, so Castelli uses GORE-TEX INFINIUM WINDSTOPPER® fabric along with waterproof seam taping on critical seams around the shoulder. Other seams are hidden out of direct water flow, and the water-repellent treatment on the fabric is sufficient to prevent most moisture from entering. They call it essentially waterproof, using Castelli's own subjective judgment to find a balance between water protection, breathability and comfort. All these features make it a favorite of the Team Ineos riders, and the most versatile performance jacket for cold-weather training we've ever created. Castelli's ultimate jacket, bringing warmth, breathability and a high level of rain protection along with a soft, comfortable fit. With a fresh update in its third generation, this jacket leads the way in demonstrating how a winter jacket should perform.
Note: Please check sizing chart before ordering, Castelli clothing runs small, so we recommend ordering at least one size larger than what you might normally wear.
- Rain or Shine engineering makes this Castelli's best jacket ever for dry conditions while also providing significant rain protection.
- GORE-TEX INFINIUM WINDSTOPPER® 150 fabric for wind protection with high breathability and effective rain protection.
- Reduced seaming with seam sealing on shoulders reduces chances for water to enter through stitching.
- Double-layer Alpha construction separates insulating layer from wind/water barrier to let you better regulate ventilation.
- Water-resistant YKK® Vislon® zipper slides easily for better regulation of airflow.
- Raw-edge waist with silicone gripper lies flat and seals out wind.
- Double-layer cuff integrates with glove to prevent cold wind or water from entering at wrist.
- Stretch fabrics with advanced patterning make for excellent close-to-body fit that still accommodates a wide range of body types.
- 3 rear pockets with reflective laser-cut drain holes.
- Zippered secure side pocket for valuables.